Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Get Chrome Work in Arch Linux

Abstract: several steps to get chrome working on Arch linux


  • Google only provides deb pkg officially, damn...

  • download the deb pkg from:
    http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eula_dev.html?dl=unstable_i386_deb

  • unpack, copy everything in opt to /opt

  • mkdir lib32 in /opt/google/chrome, and make symbol links as:
    http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=13425

  • enjoy chrome...though I can't input Chinese in its linux version...wtf...

Update Jun 13, 2010: Now chromium is in the official repo, and if you'd like to use Google Chrome(beta), it's in the AUR.

2 comments:

  1. why don't you use the package from pacman instead....
    pacman -S chromium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, actually when I wrote this there was no chromium in the official repo... I'v e been having some difficulty in accessing blogspot recently due to the crazy censorship policy in China :( Anyway I will try to keep my posts updated. Thanks again, and btw I love Fate Stay Night too :)

    ReplyDelete